"There will come a time when all of us are dead. All of us. There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species ever did anything. There will be no one left to remember Aristotle or Cleopatra, let alone you. Everything that we did and built and wrote and thought and discovered will be forgotten and all of this will have been for naught. Maybe that time is coming soon and maybe it is millions of years away, but even if we survive the collapse of our sun, we will not survive forever. There was time before organisms experienced consciousness, and there will be time after. And if the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that’s what everyone else does. " -John Green, The Fault in Our Stars#sociological imagination (personal <->political) -> also: #the sociological imagination #racism #feminism #gender studies #poems #poetry #quotes #veganism #animal rights #general bigotry #rape related(always tagged for tw) #rape culture #assimilation #TV #movies #books #funny #beautiful #confessions #thoughts #personal #music #animals #gifs #LGBT #lgbtq #social justice #body love #representation
|title one||title two|
Tattoo done by Chad Lenjer.
ive been reading up on owners forcing their pets to eat vegan diets and fuck it made me angry
I feel the same way when I read up on the fact people like you pay other people to enslave and routinely kill thousands and…
and many other organic choices as well. Or did you forget that abused immigrants pick your vegetables? Yeah “cruelty free food” it is. I mean I guess animals are more important than people sure. Lmao Idk why I even waste my time you people seriously think carnivores can be nourished well on meat free food. Byeee
Why don’t militant vegans help dismantle capitalism before the demand people with little money to afford an expensive as shit diet? Is this person really defending feeding your carnivorous pets meat?
lol yup. Like I support veganism, I get it animals are abused. I’m not a vegan myself, but I don’t go around pushing my beliefs on others, ESPECIALLY MY PETS. I care about poor Poc more than animals I have no problem admitting it. Especially when meat is such a cultural thing and healthy food is expensive. Why do they think poor families buy junk food so much? It’s mostly all they can afford. Seriously.
Vegans who forget that marginalized people have cultural dishes that have meat in them make me mad. Like, hey, remember how your culture got destroyed? You need to also give up some of your cultures foods, for the animals. But we’re going to keep letting your people pick our vegetables and starve native Bolivians because we want Quiona. Oh, your family can’t afford to be vegan? omg your such scum.
Seriously. Eat what you want, but when you come at people and don’t check your own ingrained classism and racism, you can get the fuck out. I understand animal abuse is a horrible thing, but I care more about people not dying from starvation and lack of nutrition because they can’t shop at fucking whole foods for their vitamins. Animals < Human Beings. Sorry.
Do I have time for some vegan repetition in the morning? Damn, it’s gonna have to be fast. Point form ignorant person who has fucking no knowledge on the animal movement:
1) Veganism exists in, I’m not going to say every culture because I don’t know, but a good deal of them. Google veganism in Africa etc. Your accusation of cultural imperialism is actually something we take seriously in animal rights. If you ever take a class in it (I know you won’t) it’s one of the main things we discuss. How do you create a universal movement to better the position of animals without repeating the past? It’s a complex issue with many sides and a shit load of reading. Personally, my own opinion is to focus on your home first. It’s the same way with misogyny and Westerners accusing Muslim countries of sexism without looking to themselves first. It really just becomes a form of racism. However, I consider the rights of animals the same way I’m sure you consider the rights of women and other minorities. Hatred and inequality can be deeply set in a culture, that doesn’t make it acceptable. There is however a very large difference between foraging or pastoralist societies who rely on animals for survival and the situations of those who eat consume and cause suffering to animals for pleasure or convenience. On top of this, oh I have the link open somewhere- http://meatonomics.com/2013/07/03/measuring-the-cost-of-cruelty/
2) Also because I am not going to be bothered to put in the effort for you, I’m not a freaking saint, google how meat consumption goes up with the affluence of a country. Most poor countries actually cannot afford to eat animals on a regular basis, imagine that. How strange it is that the veggies which have to be cared for and picked and then fed to the animal which has to be cared for and then killed- that might not be the most efficient way of getting nutrients. If you were involved in veg*nism for 2 miliseconds you would have an awareness of the government subsidies which go into making North American animal carcass cheaper than it really is, money which could go to making already cheap veggie goods basically nationally affordable (there was a great post by vegansmustbestopped on this, I’m sure you could find it if you truly cared about the poor/immigrants/vegetable pickers your diet actually throws under the bus).
3) I have yet to see a study that veg*ns are the main consumer of quinoa. And personally I make every effort to buy quinoa that’s locally sourced. Again, if you wanted to educate yourself on this topic, your accusation is wide-spread enough that I’m sure you’d find much to google. I also wrote a really long post somewhere about a Guardian article which was horribly anti-veg*n on the issue.
4) Typically anti-veg*n BS where you erase the struggles of the *shocker* veg*n poor, as per usual because it’s more convenient for you.
5) Eat what you want is ridiculous. Yes, do what you want. I’m sure all choices are created equal. Again, written a post on the fallacy of your individual/personal choice argument, you can further contact me if you want the link to it, though I doubt you care to read it.
6) Humans are animals. People tend to forget that one. And your whole humans>animals no matter what, who the fuck needs animal welfare anyway? is bullshit. It’s literally the basis of this entire thing.
Whatever, a response enough. If you’re a social justice person may I recommend you read up on some ecofeminism?
#denaturalizing the way we think of power
j.k. rowling admits that harry and hermione should have ended up together
let’s get this straight
it is not romantic to persistently pursue someone after they have refused you